Kibbeh Nayeh (Lamb Tartare)
Servings: 6-8 people
- 2 Lb. of boneless lamb (upper leg)
- 1/2 cup of fine Burghul (cracked wheat)
- 1 small white onion
- punch leaves fresh green mint
- 10 leaves of green Marjoram (Mardakoush)
- 1/2 teaspoon of 7-spices
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper
- 2/3 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- High quality olive oil
- Degrease meat
- Peel the onion
- In a food processor, chop half of the onion and add 1 tablespoon of the Lebanese 7 spices. Add half of the meat and some salt. Mix. Add 2 ice cubes to obtain a creamy mixture. When the mixture has thickened and sticks to the bowl, repeat with the remaining meat.
- Wash the bourghol in cold water and wring it well. Add the bourghol to the meat.
- Mix the preparation by hand, add all spices.
- To serve the kibbeh nayeh: Drizzle with a little olive oil and serve with pita bread, white onions and fresh mint.