Servings: 10 people
- 3 fresh red peppers
- 2/3 cup fine fresh bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted lightly and chopped fine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced and mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- toasted pita bread triangles as an accompaniment
- Blacken or roast the peppers in the oven (turn them regularly). Let them cool. Remove the skin and the seeds.
- Toast the walnuts and cumin seeds in a skillet. Leave to cool.
- Mix peppers, nuts, cumin, salt, garlic, lemon juice, breadcrumbs and molasses in a food processor until the texture is smooth.
- While continuing to mix, slowly add the olive oil. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Keep refrigerated.