Hummus Sham Halabisa is a very popular drink/soup in Egypt. You can even find hummas stands on the streets in many corners in Egypt and it tastes delicious!
Ingredients: Servings: 10 people (1 cup serving)
- 6 cups of chickpeas (garbanzo beans) or canned
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion
- juice of one lemon
- 3 medium tomatoes fresh
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 2 teaspoon salt
- Bring the beans to a boil and leave it like that for about 30 minutes, t and let it simmer on low heat.
- Add the diced tomatoes, paste, minced garlic, chopped onion, salt, cumin and lemon juice.
- Serve in a cup with one part chickpeas and 2 parts soup.
- Add some red hot pepper (dried) if you want a little spice in your hummus